A CONTRAST MADE OF LIGHT AND RAGE
Rage Of Light is a Swiss trance metal/melodic death metal band, created by vocalist/keyboardist Jonathan Pellet, known for his past works with Trophallaxy/Dysrider.
Jonathan came up with the idea to create a hybrid of trance and melodic death metal elements in 2007, but due to being busy with other projects, it took almost a decade for the idea to fully bear fruit. Finally, in 2015, he recruited vocalist Melissa Bonny and guitarist Noé Schüpbach to complete the band.
They released their first EP in 2016, titled "Chasing a Reflection", as well as two singles in 2017, one called "Mechanicals", and the other being a cover of the Amon Amarth song "Twilight Of The Thunder God". In 2018, after releasing two new singles and music videos, "I Can, I Will" and "Judas", a cover of Lady Gaga, Rage Of Light signed a worldwide deal with Napalm Records. They released their first full-length album, called "Imploder", in March 2019. The same year, the band started doing live shows.
In 2021, Melissa and Rage Of Light decided that they would part way, Melissa being too busy with her other projects to continue with the band. In July 2021, Martyna Halas is announced as the new singer while a new album is being worked on.
- 29th March 2019 : "Imploder" (Full-length album)
- 8th May 2018 : "Judas" - Lady Gaga cover (single and music video)
- 25th January 2018 : "I Can, I Will" (single and music video)
- 9th August 2017 : "Mechanicals" (single and music video)
- 22th February 2017 : "Twilight Of The Thunder God" - Amon Amarth cover (single and music video)
- 27th February 2016 : "Chasing a Reflection" (5 tracks EP - 3 music videos)
Vocals : Martyna Halas
Synthesizers and vocals : Jonathan Pellet
Guitars and bass : Noé Schüpbach